The safety and wellbeing of all our children is of utmost importance to Church Hill and Low Hall Nursery Schools. We recognise that all staff, governors, parents and carers have an active role to play in protecting our pupils from harm and that the children’s welfare must be our paramount concern.
All staff are trained in Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures and take part in safeguarding awareness training at least every three years.
Safeguarding guidelines are contained in the schools’ Welcome Book which is given to every parent or main carer on admission.
At Church Hill and Low Hall Nursery Schools we believe that:
- Our schools should provide a safe, caring, positive and stimulating environment that promotes learning and wellbeing of all, alongside the social, emotional, physical and moral development of each individual child.
- Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and everyone should know who to contact if they have concerns about a child or young person.
- All staff should be trained to identify and report possible cases of abuse.
- All safeguarding issues concerning individuals will be dealt with confidentially and information will only be disclosed on a ‘need to know’ basis. Written information will be securely stored to maintain confidentiality.
- Any concerns will be recorded and one of the Designated Safeguarding Leads will be informed.
- Parents/carers will be informed of concerns and invited to discuss them with a Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- If the Designated Safeguarding Lead believes it necessary to take the matter further they will contact the relevant authorities for advice and investigation as necessary.
- If it is felt that any child is at risk we have an obligation to contact Early Help, social services or the police.
- If a parent or carer is concerned about the safety of a child they should contact a Designated Safeguarding lead in confidence. Parents/carers can also report concerns to the Waltham Forest Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) by phoning 020 8496 2310.
|Helen Currie||Head Teacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead Church Hill and Low Hall Nursery Schools|
|Pat English||Senior Teacher, SENCo and Designated Safeguarding Lead Church Hill|
|Margaret Rees||Senior teacher, SENCo and Designated Safeguarding Lead Low Hall|
|Sarah Tansley||Senior Early Years Practitioner and Designated Safeguarding Lead out of school provision Church Hill|
|Zena Piperdy||Senior Early Years Practitioner and Designated Safeguarding Lead out of school provision Low Hall|
|John Coggin||Senior Early Years Practitioner and Designated Safeguarding Lead Church Hill Two Year Olds and Low Hall Teatime Club|
|Hasina Rashid||Business Manager Church Hill and Low Hall Nursery Schools|
|Nalinee Sabarouche||Senior Teacher Low Hall Nursery School|
|Gill Strachan||Senior Teacher Church Hill Nursery School|
You can see our Safeguarding Policy here: Safeguarding Policy for Church Hill Low Hall Nursery Schools Summer 2017
Advice for parents: